Navigate Up
Sign In

Temporary Food Outlets
​Auburn City Council is the Enforcement Agency under the provisions of the Food Act 2003 and is responsible for the regulating of retail food businesses within the Auburn Local Government Area.  Retail food businesses are defined as a business, enterprise or activity that involves;
(a) the handling of food intended for sale, or
(b) the sale of food,
regardless of whether the business, enterprise or activity concerned is of a commercial, charitable or community nature or whether it involves the handling or sale of food on one occasion only.  This also includes Temporary Food Outlets.
All temporary retail food businesses operating at events or premises within the Auburn Local Government Area are to complete and submit council’s application form to register a temporary food outlet.
Further information regarding this matter can be obtained from Councils Environmental Health Unit on 9735 1222 or via email to