Welcome to Auburn City, a City which is strategically located within the geographical heart of Sydney. Auburn City is an integral part of Greater Western Sydney and is home to people from over 120 nations and the third fastest growing local economy in NSW.
Auburn City has become a major commercial and industrial hub within Sydney and continues to evolve with the global economy, attracting a range of major businesses to the area.
Businesses, investors, residents and visitors are offered unique opportunities for work, leisure and business development. Auburn City Council is committed to supporting existing businesses and creating an environment for a long term sustainable local economy.
A vibrant, youthful and skilled local population is supported by an extensive network of world-class education and training facilities which provides an adaptable and skilled workforce.
Auburn City has the first interactive online economic profile
Auburn City Council and REMPLAN have developed the first interactive online economic profile for local government with public access. REMPLAN is an economic analysis software package designed for use by economic development practitioners and provides detailed economic data for single or combinations of local government areas and also incorporates a dynamic economic modelling capability to allow the analysis of 'what if' scenarios.
Go to Auburn City Interactive Online Economic Profile to access the new online economic profile
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is an Australian Government initiative that will deliver high speed broadband over a network designed to reach all Australian premises. It is a vital communications infrastructure that will be used by Australians for many decades to come.
The NBN will connect 93% of homes, schools and businesses to a high speed fibre network with the remaining 7% connected via either fixed wireless or satellite technologies.
Watch a short video about the NBN
Australia currently relies on an ageing copper telecommunications network to connect homes to the internet. As a result, our broadband performance is falling behind the rest of the world. The rollout of the NBN will represent a significant leap in the communications capabilities currently available to most Australians. Investment in high-speed broadband will improve services in education and health sectors, offer the potential for substantial productivity improvement for businesses, create jobs and offer improved services and competition.
Access information about the NEW Australian digital economy
What's in the Regional Plan?
Download the Regional Plan here:
Regional Development Australia - Regional Plan for Sydney 2011
2011 - Auburn Economic Statement 2006 - Review Report - webcopy
In late 2010 Auburn City Council undertook a wide survey of local business across a number of key issue areas which are important to local businesses such as; business confidence, training and education, business growth, employment and skills shortages, environmental sustainability and more. Here is the report of key findings from the survey which will continue to drive programs and initiatives to assist local business.
Auburn City Local Business Survey - Key Findings and Summary Report
Auburn City Local Business Survey - final report
Auburn City Business Association will provide a strong link between local businesses and Auburn City Council.