Our children's services aim to promote the development of a safe and nurturing environment for children.
Auburn City Council also provides:
- Quality long day and occasional care child at the Auburn Long Day Care Centre.
- Information and referral services for children and their families.
- A variety of parenting education programs.
- Networking opportunities and training for local children’s services organisations.
- Partnership projects and events targeting the needs of children and families.
- The Children’s Services Interagency to promote service integration and support for children and their families.
Child Protection Week
Auburn City Council is committed to protecting our children. Usually held in September each year, National Child Protection Week raises awareness of child abuse and neglect and its effect on our community.
During this week, as well as throughout the year, Auburn City Council Children’s Services provides free child protection training to children and family workers in the local area, as well as promotion of the need to protect children.
Auburn City Council celebrates our youngest citizens in many ways during National Children’s Week; this includes a big event in the Auburn Town Hall with children’s entertainment and activities. The event is usually held during October.
For further information, please contact Auburn City Council’s Children’s Services Coordinator on (02) 9735 1270.
Auburn Long Day Care Centre
Auburn City Council operates a Long Day Care Centre for children aged 0 to 6 years.
The Auburn Long Day Care Centre offers a full early childhood education program administered by qualified Educators and Early Childhood Teachers.
To place your child's name on the wait list please visit the centre at:
17 Northumberland Rd, Auburn
For enquires please call the centre Director on (02) 9649 4505