SELF CARE UNITS FOR SENIORS
Auburn City Council has 76 self care units for the aged to provide affordable and accessible accommodation for those who need it.
The units are studio / bed-sitters (only suitable for a sole occupant) and one bedroom units (suitable for a maximum of two residents).
To be eligible for the above units applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently living or working in the Auburn local government area for a minimum of 10 years and be able to produce evidence of having done so
- Must be in receipt of an Aged Pension or aged over 65 years old
- Must not own property at the time of Application
- Must be able to care for herself / himself (a medical opinion will be required)
- Priority will be given to those applicants who are financially disadvantaged.
These units are based in the following locations:
6 Euston Road, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
9 - 21 Tavistock Street, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
8 Tavistock Street, Auburn NSW 2144
33 - 35 Church Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
52 Platform Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Auburn City Council currently has a waiting list for these units. Assessment of applications however is based on need.
When allocating available units, priority will be given to couples for one bedroom units and single applicants will generally be offered a studio.
For further information on the Council units or an application form, contact Auburn City Council's Community Development Officer - Aged and Disability on (02) 9735 1378.
Application for Allocation of Council Seniors Unit