Auburn City Council has 76 self care units for seniors to provide affordable and accessible accommodation for those who need it.
The units are studio / bed-sitters (only suitable for a sole occupant) and one bedroom units (suitable for a maximum of two residents).
To be eligible for the above units applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently living or working in the Auburn local government area for a minimum of 6 months and be able to produce evidence of having done so
- Must be in receipt of government benefits
- Must be aged over 55 years old
- Must not own property at the time of Application
- Must have applied to the Department of Housing and be able to produce a T number
- Must be willing to undergo a medical assessment and independent living assessment
- Priority will be given to those applicants who are at risk of becoming homeless
These units are based in the following locations:
Euston Road, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
Tavistock Street, Auburn NSW 2144 (shared laundry facility for residents)
Tavistock Street, Auburn NSW 2144
Church Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Platform Street, Lidcombe NSW 2141
Auburn City Council currently has a waiting list for these units. Assessment of applications however is based on need.
When allocating available units, priority will be given to couples for one bedroom units and single applicants will generally be offered a studio.
For further information on the Council units or an application form, contact Auburn City Council's Community Development Officer - Aged and Disability on (02) 9735 1378.
Auburn City Council Seniors Units Application Form
Auburn City Council Seniors Units Independent Living Skills Assessment Form
Auburn City Council Seniors Units Medical Assessment Form