Please be aware that hundreds of Schools and groups visit the Gardens annually and therefore informing Council well in advance makes it more likely that your visit can be accommodated.
If you would like to check availability for a proposed activity such as filming, photography or an event within the Gardens call 9735-1222. Please ensure you have at the very least two weeks notice.
Sections within the Gardens
The Auburn Botanic Gardens contains many attractive features including:
Outside the Gardens but in the same area (precinct) are:
Getting To the Gardens
The Auburn Botanic Gardens is located on the corner of Chisholm and Chiswick Roads in Auburn.
Check Trip Planner
for information on bus and train travel. From Auburn Train Station the 909 bus will take you to nearby Cumberland Road.
During Daylight Saving (5th October 2014 to 5th April 2015)
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (the last hire period ends at 4.30pm)
- Saturday and Sunday 9.00am to 6.00pm (the last hire period ends at 5.30pm)
During the Rest of the Year
- 9.00am to 5.00pm every day of the week (the last hire period ends at 4.30pm)
Conditions of Entry
Thousands of people visit the Auburn Botanic Gardens each year. To ensure the safety of everyone the following are prohibited:
- Littering or leaving rubbish
- Taking glass into the Gardens
- Breaking or leaving objects that may cause injury
- Consuming alcohol (a small amount of alcohol may be permitted for toasting the bride and groom at wedding or civil ceremonies if approval is given in advance by the Curator)
- Motor vehicles and motorcycles (see Accessibility Section)
- Lighting fires
- Riding bicycles, scooters and skateboards
- Wearing roller skates/ blades
- Taking food into the Gardens
- Feeding the native animals and birds
- Any activity that could cause damage to property or is likely to injure, endanger or cause a nuisance to other people
- Any commercial activity unless it has Council’s prior written approval
- Any organised activity – like a wedding or civil ceremony, wedding photography, filming or still photography unless it has Council’s prior written approval
- Dogs are not permitted in any of the sections of the Botanic Gardens (Guide dogs excepted). However, dogs are permitted within the precinct provided they are on a leash, kept 10 metres away from the children’s playground and food preparation areas and are under the effective control of a responsible person at all times.
Group visits and school excursions must have the Curator’s prior approval otherwise entry may not be permitted.
General Visit Entry Charges
Free – proof of residency is required
Children & young people under 16
Free – must be accompanied by an adult
$4 at weekends and during school and public holidays
$5 during Cherry Blossom & Autumn Colours festivals
Free all other times
There’s plenty of free parking at the Auburn Botanic Gardens. Visitors are requested to ensure they only park in designated parking areas. Numerous spaces are reserved for people with disabilities.
All sections in the Gardens are wheelchair accessible. On weekdays, small mini buses transporting elderly or disabled visitors can enter the Gardens through the Avenue of Remembrance and park near the Equal Access Playground.