COMMUNITY PICNIC AREA
The Community Picnic Area or CPA as it is often called is an important facility within the Auburn Botanic Gardens precinct. The CPA is adjacent to the Duck River and about 400m from the Auburn Botanic Gardens
Entry to view the the CPA is via Chiswick Road, Auburn. On the day of an event or function entry is via Killeen Street
The CPA is a popular venue for a wide range of activities and events including social gatherings, community functions and birthday parties.
Bookings are essential and fees and charges do apply.
The CPA has the following features:
- A large undercover area with tables and bench seating for more than 100 people. Some of the tables are wheelchair accessible
- Electric BBQ facilities (4)
- Public toilets
- Off street parking for 70 vehicles
- Electrical power for small appliances
- Access to water
- Waste bins (4)
Hirers of the CPA must provide generators for all hired equipment such as jumping castles, amusement devices, catering equipment etc.
If you arrive at the CPA without a booking you will not be permitted entry. Staff at the Auburn Botanic Gardens cannot process applications.
Information on fees and charges
for organised functions and events at the CPA is available here
If the event you are planning includes pony rides, amusement devices, jumping castles or kindy farms be aware that specific conditions apply. You can find these on our Parks and Recreation Facilities Hire Page.
To check availability or if you require further information about the CPA please contact Council’s Recreational Bookings Coordinator on (02) 9735 1222 or at email@example.com
Conditions of Use
The conditions that relate to the use of the CPA are attached to the application form. Important items to note are as follows:
- The CPA is available between 9.00am to 5.00pm seven days except Christmas Day.
- Extensions beyond 5.00pm are not permitted
- A site plan must be approved in advance by Council for events involving jumping castles, amusement devices, kindy farms and pony rides
- People under the age of 18 must be properly supervised at all times
- Events must start and end within the time periods booked and paid for
- Food is permitted within the CPA but must not to be taken into the main section of the Auburn Botanic Gardens
- Visitors to the CPA are requested not to feed the native animals, birds and fish
Management and Maintenance
Check Trip Planner
for information on bus and train travel. From Auburn Train Station the 909 bus will take you to nearby Cumberland Road.