Ruth Everuss Aquatic Centre Redevelopment Project Update
The transformation of the Ruth Everuss Aquatic Centre in Lidcombe into a state-of-the art facility will commence this year. Redevelopment works will include demolition of the existing facility, excluding heritage significant buildings and the grandstand, and the provision of a 50m outdoor pool, a 30m x 25m outdoor water polo pool, an outdoor children's interactive water play shaded pool, air-conditioned indoor 25m pool, family leisure pool and program pool, new modern change rooms and a cafe/kiosk. All pools are to be heated and will provide access for people with disablity.
The project is now expected to commence in July 2015 and be finished in October 2016.
Due to the size of the project, the pool will be closed during this time and Council apologises for any inconvenience caused. There are a number of aquatic centres located in the surrounding suburbs of Birrong, Sydney Olympic Park, Merrylands and Granville that can be accessed by local residents during the closure.
The Development Application for the redevelopment of the Ruth Everuss Aquatic Centre was on public exhibition from 7 October to 21 October 2014.
The DA as submitted in September 2014 has been updated with the following changes noted:
- Splash Pad has been relocated to south side of Main Pool Hall. Landscaping has been redesigned to suit. Associated plant to be housed in existing garage of Managers Residence.
- 50m Pool has had diving and extension components removed. New 50m Pool now comprises 9 x 2.5m lanes. Depth at west end 1100mm, east end 1800mm
- New separate 25 x 30 x 2m Waterpolo Pool located at eastern end of site.
- The new pool configuration has resulted in increased size of main Plant Room and Heat Pump area on Mezzanine level above.
- Previous Control Rm 1 has been deleted. Poolside Staff and Coach multi-purpose accommodation now located in existing rooms under the existing Club Rm. First Aid facility to be located in adjacent existing room.
- Control Rm 2 to existing Plant Rm has been deleted and converted to a Storage Rm. New Chemical Store now located in existing chemical store. Garbage Storage Rm also located within same building.
- Stairway to Program Pool has been deleted.
Public Notification of the Amended Plans will be advertised in the local press and the exhibition period has been extended to Tuesday 10 February 2015.
The full application and plans can be downloaded below or viewed at the following locations:
AUBURN ADMINISTRATION CENTRE (CIVIC PLACE, 1 SUSAN STREET, AUBURN):
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4.00pm
AUBURN LIBRARY (CIVIC PLACE, 1 SUSAN STREET, AUBURN):
Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 8.00pm; Friday 9.30am to 6.00pm; Saturday 9.30am to 4.00pm; Sunday 1.00pm to 4.00pm
LIDCOMBE LIBRARY (BRIDGE STREET, LIDCOME):
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm; Tuesday and Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm; Saturday 9.30am to 12 noon
RUTH EVERUSS AQUATIC CENTRE (CHURCH STREET, LIDCOMBE):
Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 6.00pm; Saturday 7.00am to 1.00pm