Auburn Council employs approximately 250 staff and is represented by 10 elected members (Councillors) from two wards. Councillors have decision making powers regarding council business while Council staff ensure effective service implementation.
COUNCIL’S VISION, COMMITMENTS AND THEMES
Many Cultures, One Community
- Auburn City is a community with a sense of pride.
- A place which celebrates cultural diversity.
- An inclusive, harmonious and welcoming community.
- A place of learning and leadership.
- A vibrant centre of economic growth.
- A sustainable city.
1. OUR COMMUNITY – Diverse and Inclusive
2. OUR PLACES – Attractive and Liveable
3. OUR ENVIRONMENT – Healthy and Green
4. OUR LEADERSHIP – Visionary and Responsible
REFERENCE: “THE DELIVERY PROGRAM” “THE OPERATIONAL PLAN” and “THE AUBURN CITY COMMUNITY STRATEGIC PLAN”